Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Mainstay's double penetration weekend a wild success

That's right...back to back Tucker 500 and Airport ride. I hate the ride, but I have to admit, Tucker went a little better this time than the last. I finished with no broken bones, road rash, concussions, or torn ligaments. No torn clothes, broken glasses, or cracked helmets. No ambulances, fire trucks, or hospital visits. Hell, I was even conscious the whole time. If that's not a good start to the weekend, I don't know what is.

First off, Mainstay took second in the Farmer Road sprint. He says that's a podium...I say he's the first loser. Bridesmaid at best. Being Mr. Consistency that he is, he took third in the uphill sprint at Airport ride on Sunday. Second loser. Flower girl. Guess who won that one? The Amateur. With one gear- a 12. All day. That's how I roll. If I was a pro (let's not kid ourselves) it would've been an 11. But I'm an amateur and a 12 is tough enough for me. No one even noticed that I was riding a triple up front.

Airport was followed up with a 4 hour lunch at Brickstore to get warmed up for the Super Bowl celebration at the Casa de Mainstay. Thanks for the hospitality, Mainstay. Thanks also for the way I feel today.

A few quick stats for the weekend:

Number of gears I had on Saturday: 20
Number of gears I had on Sunday: 2
Number of sprints won on Saturday: 0
Number of sprints won on Sunday: 1
Number of shifters that are broken on my bike: 1
Number of shifters I'm about to have to buy: 2
Average wattage: still no power meter, but the way my knees feel today, maybe kinda high?
Average speed: fastish. My computer is still wireless, and not in a good way.
Average HR: high. When I could focus to look at my monitor, I saw some pretty big numbers.

Special shoutouts to the Shrinking Man, Trashman, and Calvin who attended some or all of the Mainstay's Double Penetration Extravaganza. Also, please note that Trashman will win the Toccoa WBL. He told me that yesterday.

2 comments:

Matt said...

the amateurnis of getting stuck in your 12 two weekends in a row is undeniable.
yes, i just made up a new word. You can go ahead and use that on your site.

The Amateur said...

I think you mean Amateurity. Not to be confused with Immaturity.