Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mainstay on the Wagon

Just got word from the Mainstay that he quit drinking this week....Again. Don't be a quitter Mainstay. Quitters never win.

I spent the weekend in Charleston, SC doing some super secret training. Like any self-respecting amateur would do the week before the race season kicks off, I located a couple group rides to throw down on. The first one had four people, including myself. The second one, three...then two. Lots of Primal Wear. A whole lot. As much as you could fit on 3 guys, not including myself. Maybe they actually would've talked to me if I was kicking some Incredible Hulk or AC/DC gear. But I wasn't, and they didn't...

Mainstay opted for another shot at Farmer Road on the Tucker 500. After last weekend's trip south of the border, I thought he might actually pull it off...so I dropped him a text to see how things went. Verbatim via text from the Mainstay "No. We all cracked. It was much faster than 2 weeks ago. We were an embarassment. You may want to take our stuff back." Fantastic.

This is gonna be a great year.

No comments: