Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Morning wood no mas

Somebody's no longer sporting wood. Guess who? With all the help (cursing) I gave him in the race, he couldn't close the deal. Again. And guess who did? Yep, the ladyfriend. She won the ladies race. Imposter, not only is she hanging with the winners, but she's now one herself. As if it didn't look bad enough before. This is looking downright grim. If you're not careful, you're going to get a new nickname- The 23 year-old Virgin. Oh shit, I think it just happened. Sorry 'bout that.

Truth be told, I think The 23 year-old Virgin is the reason for my last post. I'm pretty sure I saw him at the pointy end of an insanely long single file line of riders...which I was viewing from the caboose. The boy's going fast right now, and it's only a matter of time before he brings home the bacon and the lady. My money's on a result this weekend in Albany. For real. And the course doesn't even suit him.

The Mainstay on the other hand...still getting worked at the Tucker 500. The Mainstay text update went as follows: "First loser...again. Even with a lead out from a PRO!". The next morning when I inquired about an afternoon ride, I was treated to "If you're cool, you're having a bloody mary like me." That pretty much set the tone for the ride ahead. We stopped at one coffee shop and two different bars and consumed a few Belgian beers and multiple PBR tallboys apiece. It was a 6 hour ride, with 1 hour of pedal time. If that's not a guaranteed training plan for eternal Amateurity, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Matt said...

half right...
racing age - 24. 1 more year of victory-dependent virginity awaits...
resigned to the sad facts. hopefully someday i'll win at something.
Do you think there are podium girls in law school?

The Amateur said...

Absolultely...assuming you're looking at UGA Law. Athens is full of podium girls. And a racing age of 24. I figure if I live my life right, I will be reincarnated as a 23 year old in that town.

Matt said...

hmmm. i'll start training for moot court right now.
i'll bet the court reporters are hot journalism students