Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rehabilitate The Mainstay

The situation has gotten serious. I received this from him this afternoon: "We're going to the hotel bar after this seminar I've been in since 8am. Day number 9. Christ. You may want to post to see if anybody knows a good rehab clinic. Maybe a fundraiser to help offset the costs".

What better place to have a fundraiser than this weekend's Southeastern Flip Cup Championship? The Mainstay himself had suckered me and a handful of other idiots into this event. I can tell you this...I've never played the game in my life, but I've got a better shot at winning this thing than any bike race that might be going on this weekend.

Here's the good news. I've worked some magic. All proceeds from the event go towards the Rehabilitate The Mainstay Fund. RTM T-shirts will be available at the event. The schedule is as follows: 9:00 am Tucker 500 (watch The Mainstay get 2nd in a sprint first hand), clean up, then head to Gibney's Pub for the tournament/fundraiser for a 3:00 pm kickoff. After that, I would strongly advise that if you see The Mainstay of any of his band of hooligans out and about on Saturday night, just keep your distance. It's for your own good.
God willing, this will be The Mainstay's last hoorah before his rehabilitation. Somebody please bring a large wagon with a seatbelt and a straightjacket.

No comments: