Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Been down so long it looks like up to me.

I haven't ridden outside in almost two weeks. That's as good a way as any to maintain the amateur status and fitness that I've come to know and love. It should be noted, though, that I hit a new all time low on Monday. On Sunday all looked good- decent weather forecast, MLK holiday to be observed, and I figured I'd roll out for 5 or so hrs outside. Slight change of plans- the heat died in the house Sunday night, which led to mid 40 degree temps INSIDE on Monday morning. Which led to me waiting for the repair man to show up for the majority of the day. Which led to me kitting up in full winter gear to ride INSIDE. Rock bottom misery. Brickstore ensued. I feel better about myself only because the Mainstay started drinking at lunch (an early lunch) and he was at "work". And he hasn't stopped drinking since.

3 comments:

the mainstay said...

still drinking...

Matt said...

i would contend that even thinking about heading out to ride on a holiday such as MLK day would invoke pro status.
Next thing you know you might be riding on New Years or Thanksgiving, slippery slope my friend.

The Amateur said...

you might be right...i once rode on flag day. i've even raced on labor day a few times...and i've ridden on the mainstay's birthday too. maybe '08 is my year...