Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mainstay's streak ends with a bang






















The streak ends at 20 days, folks. It's over. Here's a little descriptive correspondence with the Mainstay on the tail end of his bender:

Mainstay: Fuck. I'm never drinking again. The streak will end today. 20 days. The last two days were epic. I feel like I'm going to die right now.

Amateur: did you go out last night?

Mainstay: Quit throwing it in my face about how good you feel today. I could throw up at any minute now. Went to brick and twain's. Bad fucking idea.

Amateur: wow. you need to get it together by tuesday. we're drinking again.
Mainstay: I may skip the crit just so I don't have to turn you guy's down on the drinking. Seriously, I'm done until at least Saturday.

Amateur: that is incorrect. try again.

Mainstay: The streak ended with a bang. Just threw up.

Amateur: sweet. puking on monday is awesome.

Mainstay: not really.

Amateur: if you're going to be an alcoholic, you really need to toughen up.

Mainstay: It's 9:37 and still no drink yet...Slept from 6-8:30. I basically had a 13hr bender on Saturday followed by about 11hrs yesterday. With 3hrs of sleep in between.

Amateur: Is the streak officially over?

Mainstay: It's official.

See that wagon up there? It's the Mainstay's. The wheels will be completely off that thing by Thursday.

1 comment:

the mainstay said...

take it easy. my grandmother reads this blog!