Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All up in my kitchen




You're gonna have good days, and you're gonna have bad days...and you're gonna have days when your house gets hit with a fucking Ford F250. Like yesterday, for instance. Seriously, what the fuck? My house was hit by a truck. And I had to wait in gridlock traffic (due to the scene in front of my own house) just to get there to assess the damage. You would've thought it was 9-11 on Church Street. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of traffic to begin with...so just add in the fact that I know that I have a pickup all up in my kitchen; and I'm in gridlock just trying to get there. Normally when I reach this state (traffic, minus the truck vs. house incident), I pull over and pick up a six pack. Unfortunately, there was not a beer store in the 200 yards between my sedentary vehicle and my house. I would've shotgunned all 6 of them, plus one or two of the warm ones from beneath my drivers seat. Fortunately, the end result is not as bad as this pic looks, and there is no structural damage to the house. The guy's front axle came to rest on the concrete foundation that holds up the side steps....which left the bumper inches from my kitchen wall. Which left me inches from a Geico-funded major kitchen renovation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

H.T.F.U.

The Amateur said...

easy fella- don't get lippy with me just because you actually WERE shotgunning beers at noon on tuesday...

Anonymous said...

those sound like the words of a jealous man.

The Amateur said...

S.T.F.U.

Matt said...

at least you live in a house that can win that battle.
i'm not sure the truck would have even stopped to say hello enroute through my kitchen.