Both hands on the wheel. 10 and 2. Especially in the rain.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Amateur (and Built to Stay That Way)

Well the secret's out folks. I'm an amateur. I'm afraid I always will be.

It's been a rough day. Truth be told, I'll probably have to knock back a 14 pack tonight just to make things right. Which in turn will make tomorrow's ride a bit rough. The good news is that I was invited to ride local mainstay Wes' "double secret blindfold you till we get to the start" 6 hour Saturday morning ride. Wes is not a Pro, but he knows Pros...who know other Pros who know Pros. Hell, one or two might even show up tomorrow to ride. Wes even used to have a roommate that was a Pro. In fact, he still is a Pro, but he isn't Wes' roommate anymore. Figures, 'cause Wes is an Amateur.

5 comments:

Trash Man said...

I hear that Wes makes you pound a Sparks at the half way point!

- Trash Man (amateur)

The Amateur said...

Trash Man- that would be correct, except for the fact that apparently I'm an amateur in every sense of the word. I couldn't stomach more than a sip. Nor could Wes though...we called it a truce. Full story to follow.

-The Amateur (amateur)

Christian Leask said...

5:38:34.98 riding, 6:26:19.08 chamois, 217np, 193ap, 3893kj, 97.354mi

-Fat man with a fat fat van.

the mainstay said...

Hey Fat Man -

This site is for amateurs only. Quit putting those pro numbers on here.

the mainstay

Christian Leask said...

bacon sandwich